vrijdag 18 mei 2012

Brenna's other designs





















Above you can see the the other designs of the different assets of which Brenna is made up. When I was working on these other designs, after the thumbnail stage, I felt like I was working on a costume rather than an actual character. I was looking for shapes and in the back of my head I was keeping her bodily characteristics in mind. Not very personal sounding, indeed.

Roughly put, this visual game design process was mainly about form and looking for interesting shapes. In my opinion this principle rings true for game character design in general and especially since the technology is advancing so rapidly. Because the polycount is rising, more detail becomes available. I'm just not sure if this graphical increase improves the memorability of a character. Less is more.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten